5.16.2008

M/Monade



All City
1996

  Sorry folks.  I ran into some technical difficulties here around the house and it's put me a bit behind on posting.  I'll try to keep things at least somewhat regular around here.  I have a whole stack of records sitting here that are going to have to be re-ripped though.  Damn it.  I'll try to be quick about it at least.
M is Dave Pajo.  We all know who he is, right?  He used to play with King Kong and a bunch of other bands.  Nice cut here that also features Rick Rizzo of Eleventh Dream Day on the traps.
Monade was at this point a solo project of Laetitia Sadier. Her main group, Stereolab, is a pretty adequate point of reference, but the music here is a bit more stripped down and looser in structure.  uh, you know, like a solo project.  


No comments: